Artists' Choice Submission Information
Many of your fellow artists volunteer their time to put this show together. Please help them out by following directions... thanks!
- Each registered artist is eligible to submit one piece of work (work that has not been exhibited in this exhibit in a prior year please!) This is not a juried show - all art will be included.
- If you are an artist who works in various mediums, please choose just one piece. If you submit more than one, only one of them will be included in the show.
- Maximum dimensions are 40 inches horizontal x 60 inches vertical, including the frame. For questions on this, see email below.
- We request that if possible, you submit a piece that is self-contained and doesn't have multiple parts. If you are a video or multi-media artist, please contact Mara at the email below. We would love to include you!
- The submitted piece must be the art itself and not a picture of it.
- Sculpture and other 3-d work are strongly encouraged! We have various pedestals, or you can supply your own. 2-dimensional work should be ready to hang.
- Jewelers: Please supply a stand and/or other display materials (black cloth, etc.)
- You may submit a one-page artist statement or biography to be included in the binder kept at the museum desk
Drop Off Instructions
- You don't have to register in advance for this show, just bring your art to a drop-off. There is a submission form (pdf) available or at the drop-off site. If you can print and fill out in advance, that is very helpful! Cut off the bottom portion of the completed form and attach it securely to the back of your artwork.
- Please also write your name on the back of your artwork to ensure that it can still be identified should the label become separated from the piece.
- Optional - prepare a one page, single-sided typed artist's statement / bio for inclusion in the exhibit binder.
- Bring your artwork, the completed submission form and your artist's statement / bio to the artwork drop off at the Somerville Museum, 1 Westwood Road (entrance on Central Street.)
- If you cannot make one of the drop off times listed below, please find someone else who can drop off the piece for you, making sure they bring the completed submission form and artist's statement / bio. We do not have storage space and cannot take responsibility for artwork that is not picked up
Drop Off Timescalendar with dates
Art Work Drop-Off: Somerville Museum, One Westwood Road
- Thursday, March 31, 5:30-7:30 pm
- Sunday, April 3, 10 am-1 pm
- Tuesday, April 5, 6:30-8:30 pm
Sunday, April 17, 2016, 4-7 pm
Pick Up Times
Monday, May 23, 5:30-7:30 pm, plus additional date yet to be scheduled
You must pick up work promptly at the conclusion of the show. If you are unable to make one of these pick up times, please find a friend / representative to collect your work. If this is impossible, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Neither the Somerville Museum nor Somerville Open Studios accept responsibility for work that is not picked up.
Any interested buyers will be referred directly to the artist, who is responsible for making all arrangements. The museum does not handle sales in any manner (other than providing access to the museum to facilitate a sale by the artist). 100 percent of proceeds go to the artist.
Please email Mara Brod at email@example.com.
Neither Somerville Open Studios nor The Somerville Museum assume any liability for and work displayed at the Museum: artists exhibit at their own risk.