Participate in Somerville Open Studios
Somerville Open Studios (SOS) is a 501c3 non-profit organization created and run by Somerville artists and art enthusiasts who volunteer time and energy to create a citywide open studios event. We welcome new ideas and participation from all people interested in promoting the visual arts in Somerville. It's a great way to get involved in the local arts community, meet other artists, and have fun!
Become a Volunteer
Volunteering is an excellent way to be connected with the Somerville arts community. You can get involved in behind-the-scene preparation for Open Studios in some of the following areas: Operations, Fundraising, Graphics, Public Relations, Web Content Management, Short Administrative Tasks, and Miscellaneous Labor and Light Construction, and more.
+ See our Volunteer Form for more information
Pickup Balloons, Mapbooks and Posters
SOS 2016 balloons, posters and mapbooks are available at these locations:
- Porch at 157 Elm St. It is the grey house and you want to walk onto St. James and up the driveway. There is a sign that says "SOS Maps Here". Open the screen door and grab your maps or posters. Please try to note how many you take.
- 9 Browning Road. A bin on the front porch for ease of pickup.
- 58 Conwell Avenue (not Conwell Street!). They will be on the front porch.
- Artisan's Asylum, 10 Tyler Street, during staffed hours.
- Somerville Museum, One Westwood Road: Thursday 2-7 pm, Friday 2-5 pm, Saturday noon-5 pm
Members, Update your Profiles
The SOS Artist Directory is open 10 months of the year (closed only during registration period for the new year). Visitors will select which sites to see during SOS, and will be reminded of artists they saw and loved, based on what they see on the website. If you put good images up people will know that they want to see your work.
Login to keep your profile up to date.